Thursday, July 27, 2006

Settling For Second Best

I've been reading a book called the "The Slumber of Christianity". It's one of those books that you just can't real through all at once. I've been reading the book for 2 weeks now and I'm not even half way through and it's not that long of a book! I read so much and then I've really have to comtemplate what I've just read.

The book speaks of how Christians settle for far less that what God really desires for us. We settle for the material things, relationships, and the marginal worship that we allow ourselves to have here in this earthly life. We settle for these things instead of longing for Heaven. The blessings we receive on this earth are only a mere taste of what Heaven will be like. The Bible only gives us a glimpse of what Heaven will be like. If these things are only a glimpse and a taste of Heaven, why do we insist on settling for second best?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home